This summer, the team at Integrated Psych is working together towards wellness goals.
We recognize the complex connection between physical health and mental health. We understand our bodies and our minds can work together or work against each other and we are dedicated to keeping our personal physical and mental connections strong.
First things first, we are NOT setting rules. We are NOT following a diet plan. We are NOT stressing out over the physical outcome of the Summer of Wellness.
We DO have goals. We DO have ways to reach those goals. We DO plan to encourage each other.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables. The goal is to eat 5 servings a day, but getting as close to that as possible is good enough and something to be proud of.
- Drink more water. We’ll work our way up over the course of the summer, starting with a daily goal of 32 oz.
- Move that body more! Shoot for some movement daily, work up to 30 minutes daily.
- Sleep more. Most adults need between 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Not enough sleep affects mood, focus, drowsiness and even skin breakouts! Sleep deprivation also can lead to more depressive symptoms and a weakened immune system. Let’s get that rest!
- Floss your teeth every day. We know we are supposed to do it, let’s get in the habit this summer.
- Ease into meditation. Daily practice can reduce stress, increase calmness and promote overall happiness.
We invite you to join us!
This is the summer to focus on our wellness and we can do it together.